Bars with Function Rooms
The number of small bar venues in Adelaide has grown by hundreds since the licensing laws changed in 2013. Lucky us, as now we have incredible bars with function rooms to choose from for celebrating our special occasions and functions.
Bars with function rooms are popular venue options for social and corporate cocktail style parties. Some of the more boutique small bar venues may not have a separate private function room, but offer a semi private area that can be hired as an event space. Or, a cocktail bar may offer private or exclusive hire of the entire venue up to a certain time. This means the formalities and early part of your function is private. Then, for the dancing and party time, the venue can open up to the public.
What to think about when booking a bar for your function:
- Will you be able to play your own music? Or does the venue provide a DJ.
- Will you have your own bar? Or will guests be sharing a bar with other patrons.
- In the case of a shared bar, if I'm running a bar tab, how will the bar staff identify my guests?
- Is it a private room or an area reserved?
- If you are planning formalities/speeches, is there a microphone?
- Does the bar provide catering for functions, or do you need to provide your own?
Happy party planning!