Frequently Asked Questions
- Other forms of advertising like social media, bridal fairs and expos are all very time consuming. We’re not saying these shouldn’t be part of your marketing campaign, but online advertising has very little time commitment. Once your listing is live, customers will come to you either via links through to your website, phone calls to your venue, direct emails, links to your social media, or direct enquiries from the Event Scene enquiry form on your listing page.
- The cost is the smallest fraction in comparison to the older more traditional advertising methods like print media and radio.
- It is also much easier to track your return on investment. You can literally see in numbers from the Google Analytics reports the number of links through to your site, phone number views, links to your email, links to your social media and the number of direct enquiry forms sent from the Event Scene website. Not to mention the exact number of people that viewed your listing.
- For social functions, customers often find time to search for venues online in the evenings and weekends. The ability now for the customer to send an enquiry via online methods means you open your venue up for more potential business – e.g. the customer doesn’t have to wait for a reasonable hour to call you. You can then respond at a time convenient to you.
Here’s the link to the Google Analytics information. Currently you can expect anywhere between 2 – 7 enquiries per week. Number of enquiries does depend on how many
“Event Types” and “Event Categories” are relevant to your venue.
Simply ‘REGISTER’ with your email address (it’s free) and the package options for listing will be visible to you under ‘Add A Venue’. There is the option to list for three months or one year. Also there are featured or standard listing options.
We’d love to hear your feedback on this question! Here are some of the comments and feedback we have heard from other venues that are listed. Also read three testimonials from venues that have been with us for a while now…
- The look of the site especially image focused design – keeps customers interested.
- Easy to use.
- Mobile friendly.
- Best venue search / filter options.
- Found Event Scene at top of google search.
- SA focused – lots of other sites only have a few SA venues.
- Lots of different types of venues are listed.
- Not JUST weddings, or JUST corporate. Customers are attracted to Event Scene to find venues for all different types of events.
- Not just private rooms either, Event Scene advertises cafes, restaurants and bars for group bookings.
- Thankyou notes are positive, but still offer a review.
- Anyone looking for a supplier is also exposed to venue options.
- Images / Photos. These are most important! Have a look at the venue list and ask some of your staff/ friends which venues stand out and why? Then it’s worth investing in a photo-shoot. Ultimately great photos are going to do 90% of the selling for you. Remember you can update and change your photos as often as you want. So you might not have professional photos to start with, but get the listing up, and update them as soon as you can.
- Collect Thankyou Notes. If anyone has sent you a thank you after a function recently, send them the link to your Event Scene page, and ask them to copy the Thankyou Note there. Once you have caught the attention of the customer from the list of other venues and they have clicked through to your page, if they see 2 – 3 recent Thankyou Notes, they will know you are busy and sought after. Customers also love to see other peoples opinions. (see here how the customer can add their thankyou note to your listing)
- To really boost your enquiries, invest in a premium/ featured listing. This will put you in the featured section at the top of the list. The standard listings under the featured listings will load in a different order every single time, so sometimes you’ll be towards the top, and sometimes way down the bottom. The top spots are always going to get more attention!
- Most importantly, don’t waste the enquiries you do get! Respond as quickly as possible. Even if it is just a quick email back to say you received it, ask a simple follow up question (the more detail you can get out of the customer the better), and let them know you’ll get back to them in detail tonight/tomorrow etc. At least that way they have heard from you and you have started a dialogue.
- First you need to select a plan and set-up payment. You need to be logged in. Look under the heading ‘Add A Venue’ for ‘Venue Pricing Plans’.
- Once payment has been processed you will be able to add your venue. The link to ‘Add Your Venue Listing’ can be found under ‘Add a Venue’, or under your user name there is a drop down of options.
- Select the ‘Add Your Venue Listing’ link and you will be taken to the form. Make sure you read the comments for each question. Remember though you can always go back and change your answers if you realise you have made a mistake.
- Submit your listing. This will be approved within 5 working days (normally much sooner). Then the listing will be live!
Still not sure.. that’s fine. Contact us and we’ll give you a hand!
“Thankyou Notes” are event inspired reviews for your listing. We suggest that following an event held at your venue, when the customer writes you a thankyou email, you respond and request they share their feedback on your listing…
“So lovely to hear from you, and thank you for your feedback! It was our pleasure to host your wedding. Your styling was stunning, and if you don’t mind we would love to see some of the photos when you get them from your photographer… Also on that note, if you have time would you mind sharing your feedback on facebook and our Event Scene listing? Feel free to just copy what you have already written in the email below, as that sounds fantastic. Here’s the link to sharing feedback on Event Scene:
Make it easy for the customer by providing them with the step by step link.